Harvest Cake (Makes 1-9inch cake, to make a layered cake like pictured above double the recipe)
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup ghee (or oil of your choice) if you use ghee make sure it is melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped apple
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9inch cake pan (you can use a regular cake pan if you prefer, not the fluted one pictured above). In a bowl combine dry ingredients. In a seperate bowl combine wet ingredients. Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to incorporate. Pour into prepared cake pan and cook in oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Vanilla Cream (makes almost 2 cups)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for three hours, water discarded
- 1/2 cup fresh apple juice
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped and pod discarded
In a high speed blender combine ingredients until very smooth. Spread on cake or muffins.
Cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 4 days or in the fridge for 1 week.